Tasty Mexi-Mushroom Tacos
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 400g of Portobello or flat white mushrooms, thickly sliced; or 400g White cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso medium taco sauce
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 200g Perino tomatoes, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- Grilled flour tortillas, fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until well browned. Return onion to pan with Old El Paso medium taco sauce. Stir over low heat for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Meanwhile, dice avocado and lime juice in a bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Combine tomato and cucumber in a bowl.
- To assemble, spread some avocado over tortillas. Top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with tomato mixture and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.