1. Beans – the two most common types of beans used for burritos are black beans and pinto beans, specifically refried pinto beans. Grab a tin of Old El Paso Refried Beans to save yourself some time.
2. Protein – chicken or beef are the most popular burrito fillings, but you can also enjoy pork or opt for a veggie filling instead. Our Old El Paso Burrito Kit is perfect to get you started.
3. Salsa – a good salsa can take your burrito to the next level. Why not mix medium and mild salsa from our selection of Old El Paso Chunky Salsa to add extra flavour?
4. Cheese – shredded cheese is a must-have on a burrito, but what kind you choose is up to you! Stick to classic Cheddar cheese, go for gooey mozzarella or try some creamy Monterey Jack cheese for a change.
5. Rice – while it’s optional, adding rice into your burrito can make it extra filling and provide a bit more texture. Use cooked white rice or swap for brown rice if you’re looking for some more nutrients.
6. Avocado – another optional ingredient, but one we love to include for a bit of extra flavour and taste. Simply slice a ripe avocado into neat pieces and add it into the mix.