BBQ Cauliflower Burger
Total Time 50 Hours
Spice Level Mild
- 4 tbsps Chunky Guacamole
- 4 tbsps Sour Cream
- 2 large cauliflowers
- 4 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 Lime
- 2 tsps of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- A good handful of baby spinach
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 4 large burger buns
- Tomato sauce
- Trim the cauliflower leaves off the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower so you get 4 nice 1cm thick ‘steaks’ slices. This might require 2 cauliflowers. Reserve the remaining cauliflower for another day (great for a roasted cauliflower salad!)
- Make a marinade – in a bowl mix the ancho chilli flakes, lime juice and zest, cumin, honey and olive oil. Mix until combined then rub all over the cauliflower, put into a tray and leave to marinade for 30 mins while you get your BBQ ready. Preheat the BBQ to a medium/high heat.
- Cook the cauliflower on the BBQ turning after 15 minutes (putting the lid over between brushing) to steam and help to cook the cauliflower whilst also getting nice charred marks on the steak. Brush the remaining marinade onto the steaks every 5 mins to create a nice layer as you turn the steak.
- To assemble the burger half and toast the burger buns, then layer up, spread the guacamole on the bottom, then the cauliflower steak, sliced tomatoes, peeled carrots and salad leaves. Dollop on sour cream then put the lid on. Add tomato sauce if you fancy!