Blackened Corn Salsa
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 4 corn on the cob
- 1 red capsicum cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 fresh long red chili, cut in half seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Bbq or griddle pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once Hot, add the corn and red capsicum and cook for around 10 minutes, turning with tongs regularly for even cooking. Cook until corn kernels and capsicum skin are slightly blackened. Place corn and capsicum into a plastic bag or container and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn and capsicum from plastic container and carefully cut off corn kernels with sharp knife. Peel blackened skin from capsicum and finely chop. Combine corn, capsicum, chili and coriander.
- Season with salt, lime juice and olive oil.
- For more lime juice - using the palm of your hand, press and roll the lime over bench or chopping board before you cut them in half – it’ll help you to squeeze lots more juice out of them.