Shredded Beef Burritos
Total Time 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Burrito Kit
- 1-1.2 kg piece blade roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small roughly chopped brown onion
- 250 ml orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white grain quinoa (180g)
- 100 g baby spinach chopped
- 1 cooked and kernels removed corn cob (or 125g can corn, drained)
- 1 punnet quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch of chopped coriander
- Juice of a lime
- 1/2 bunch of coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Roll beef in Burrito Spice Mix to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a heavy based casserole dish and brown beef all over for 3 - 4 minutes. Set beef aside. Add remaining oil, onion and any remaining spice mix. Cook for a further 1 minute. Add orange juice and bay leaf.
- Return beef to casserole dish, cover snugly with a layer of foil and casserole lid. Cook in oven for 3- 4 hours or until falling apart.
- Quinoa Salad: Rinse quinoa in strainer, place in a medium saucepan with 2 cups if water and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed (10-15 minutes). Allow to cool, toss through spinach, corn, tomato and coriander. Dress with lime juice.
- For warm and soft Tortillas, open Tortilla pouch, discard Freshness Sachet. Microwave Tortillas in pouch on HIGH/1100 watts/100% power for 40 seconds* or remove from pouch, wrap in foil and heat in oven at 180ºC conventional (160°C fan forced) for 10 minutes. *Times may vary depending on microwave wattage. Decrease time for fewer Tortillas. Increase time when using a microwave oven lower than 1100 watts.
- Remove beef from casserole. Return casserole dish to stove and cook over high heat reducing the liquid by half. Shred beef using two forks and a pulling action, add to pan juices and serve with coriander.
- Build your own Burrito with shredded beef, quinoa salad, and Mild Mexican Salsa