Chapas Style Beef Tacos
Total Time 35 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Shell Kit
- 500g beef or pork mince
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 mini cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
Tomato & onion fresh salsa
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream
- In a medium bowl, using your hands, massage the taco seasoning into the minced meat. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium- high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until starting to soften, add the garlic, red chilli and tomato cook stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Add mince meat to frying pan, cook for 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add cabbage and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted. The mixture should be moist but not watery. Combine the fresh salsa ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- For deliciously crunchy taco shells, follow on pack instructions.
- Serve warmed tacos with beef and cabbage mixture, fresh salsa, coriander and sour cream.