Chicken and Chorizo Burritos
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Burrito Kit
- 600 g chicken fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 Baby Cos lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 diced spicy chorizo sausage
- 400 g drained and rinsed can kidney beans
- Feta crumble to serve (optional)
- Olive oil & lemon juice to dress
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander
- Toss chicken & Burrito Spice Mix in a plastic bag. Heat a little oil in a pan, add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion and chorizo, until onion is soft. Add kidney beans and cook until heated through. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice. Spoon into serving bowl and top with coriander.
- For warm and soft Tortillas, open Tortilla pouch, discard Freshness Sachet. Microwave Tortillas in pouch on HIGH/1100 watts/100% power for 40 seconds* or remove from pouch, wrap in foil and heat in oven at 180ºC conventional (160°C fan forced) for 10 minutes. *Times may vary depending on microwave wattage. Decrease time for fewer Tortillas. Increase time when using a microwave oven lower than 1100 watts.
- Fill your deliciously soft Tortilla with the chorizo and bean mix, lettuce and Mild Mexican Salsa and enjoy this seriously hearty Burrito!