Chicken Schnitzel Soft Tacos
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- Old El Paso™ Stand ’N Stuff™ Crispy Chicken Soft Taco Kit
- 500g chicken breast fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 corn cob, husks removed
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light sour cream
- 1 lime extra, cut into wedges
- Use a large sharp knife to cut chicken breast in half horizontally. Place a chicken fillet between 2 sheets of baking paper. Use a meat mallet or a rolling pin to gently pound. Repeat with remaining fillets. Coat chicken with Crispy Chicken Spice Mix.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until hot and cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until crisp. Thinly slice and place in serving dish. HINT: Add chicken to hot pan and allow to cook for 1 minute before stirring. This ensures the crumb adheres well. OVEN METHOD - Preheat oven 220°C (200°C fan forced). Toss chicken in a tablespoon of olive oil then coat in Crispy Chicken Spice Mix. Bake chicken in a single layer on baking paper-lined oven tray and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- For Warm Tortillas follow on pack instructions.
- Add corn to a dry frying pan and blacken all over. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice kernels off cob and combine with cabbage, coriander. Dress with lime juice and extra olive oil.
- Build your own soft tacos any way you like with Chicken Schnitzel, lettuce, corn slaw, sour cream, Thick & Chunky Salsa and lime wedges.