Chorizo Chicken Soft Tacos
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 650 g chicken thigh fillets sliced into thin strips
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced chorizo sausage
- 400 g drained can chick peas
- 1 punnet chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 long red chilli with seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 large washed and chopped handful coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Old El Paso™ Mini Tortillas (10pk)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Mild, Medium or Hot Taco Sauce
- Sour cream and lime wedges to serve
- Toss chicken in Taco Spice Mix and olive oil. Heat a frying pan and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Place aside and keep warm.
- Add chorizo to pan and cook until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine chick peas, chorizo, cherry tomatoes, chili, coriander, extra olive oil, lemon and smoked paprika to create a salsa.
- For deliciously toasted Tortillas heat a non- stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.
- Serve toasted Tortillas, chicken and chick pea salad, Taco Sauce, sour cream and lime wedges to the table and let everyone build their own Soft Tacos any way they like!