Mexican Rice & Pork Meatballs
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Chilli and Garlic Mexican Rice Kit
- 2 corn cobs with husks removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g minced pork
- 1 grated medium zucchini
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 medium red onions cut into wedges
- 1 1/3 cup water ( 330ml)
- 1/2 bunch roughly chopped coriander
- Sizzle Away! Brush corn cobs with half the oil. Heat a griddle pan or BBQ, char corn over high heat for 4 minutes, turning often. Remove from heat, slice kernels off and set aside. Combine pork, zucchini and egg. Roll into walnut sized balls. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan and fry meatballs turning occasionally over high heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and seasoned rice and give it a good stir for 1 minute.
- Let it simmer! Add sauce pouch, spice mix and water to pan and stir well. Bring to the boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring gently from time to time.
- Serve and Enjoy! Top with charred corn kernels and take pan to table. Enjoy with family and friends.