Chorizo Nachos with Avocado
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- Old El Paso™ Nachos Kit
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pizza blend cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, washed and chopped
- Old El Paso™ Green Jalapeῆos
- Preheat oven to 200˚C conventional (180˚C fan forced)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add red onion and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add chorizo and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add both sachets of Nacho Salsa to chorizo and onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In An Oven Proof Dish layer half the Nacho chips, chorizo sauce and cheese. Repeat layers and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Mash avocado, sour cream and lime juice and dollop on top. Serve with jalapeῆos, if you like your Nachos hot.