- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1kg lean beef mince
- Old El Paso™ Chili Spice Mix
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 425g Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Mini Taco Shells
- Old El Paso™ Stand ’N Stuff™ Mini Tortillas
- 1 baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Old El Paso ™ Mild Taco Sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and red capsicum, cook for 3 minutes over medium heat until softened. Add half the beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Remove cooked beef into a bowl. Add remaining beef and cook for a further 5 minutes. Return all beef to the bowl. Add Chili Spice Mix, cinnamon, bay leaves and stir for 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes, black beans and 2/3 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- For crunchy taco shells and warm tortillas follow pack directions.
- Build your own mini tacos and tortillas with lettuce, chili con carne. Swirl the sour cream and Mild Taco Sauce together in a bowl and let your guest’s dollop on top.