Garlic & Chilli Prawns Pockets with Sweetcorn & Avocado Guacamole
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™ Kit
- 165g drained, tinned corn kernels
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh mashed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g cooked and peeled king prawns, drained and patted dry
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 little gem lettuce, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl, mix the corn, avocado, coriander and lime juice together. Season to taste and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over a high heat and cook the prawns, garlic and chilli for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the seasoning mix from the kit and 2 tablespoons of water and cook for a further 1 minute. Stir in the spring onions.
- Heat the pockets to pack instructions.
- Serve the warmed pockets with the prawn mixture, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and the salsa from the kit in separate bowls, and let everyone fill their own pockets their own way.
- Try replacing the prawns with cooked shredded chicken.
- Tinned corn kernels are quick and easy to use but you can use corn cobs, if you have them. Simply boil the cobs and cut the kernels off with a knife. Stir into the guacamole as above.