Meatballs and Salsa Soft Tacos
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 500g pork or beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- Olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander, extra
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
- Old El Paso™ Mini Tortillas
- Baby cos lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, blend Taco Spice mix and passata together. In a large bowl, combine pork mince, egg, breadcrumbs, lemon zest and coriander. Roll tablespoonfuls into small balls (makes approx. 30). Heat a little oil in a frying pan & cook over medium high heat for 5 – 6 minutes until browned and cooked through. Add taco spice and passata mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine extra coriander, tomato and cucumber to make a fresh salsa.
- Mix sour cream and lime zest and juice until well combined.
- For warm Soft Tacos, open Soft Taco pouch, discard Freshness Sachet. Microwave Soft Tacos in pouch on HIGH/1100 watts/100% power for 40 seconds* or remove from pouch, wrap in foil and heat in oven at 180ºC conventional (160°C fan forced) for 10 minutes.
- *Times may vary depending on microwave wattage. Decrease time for fewer Tortillas. Increase time when using a microwave oven lower than 1100 watts.
- Build your own Soft Tacos with lettuce leaves, meatballs, lime sour cream & fresh tomato salsa.