Minted Pea Guacamole
Total Time 1 Hours 25 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 125g frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mint, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 65g Greek-style natural yoghurt, plus extra 1 tablespoon, to garnish
- Place the peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with just boiled water. Stand for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse well under cold running water to cool completely. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the peas, garlic, spring onion, lime juice, avocado and mint in a food processor and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the salt and yoghurt. Season with freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Swirl through the extra yoghurt, garnish with the extra mint leaves and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- For a more unusual twist, replace the frozen peas with frozen edamame beans.
- For a chunkier guacamole, only process half the peas and avocado. Roughly mash the rest and stir into the blended mixture with the yoghurt.
- Don’t just dip! Fill Old el Paso™ Stand’n’Stuff Soft Tortilla Boats with peppery salad leaves or pea shoots. Top with thinly sliced char-grilled or barbecued lamb steaks and a large dollop of the creamy guac.