- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 chorizo, chopped into small chunks
- Old El Paso™ Nacho Kit
- 1 cup grated Colby cheese
- Caramelised Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, sliced into 1cm thick slices
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- Juice of half a lime
- Red Chili Guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200˚C conventional (180˚C fan forced).
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add capsicum and chorizo, cook for 7 – 10 minutes or until capsicum is charred and chorizo is crispy. Remove from heat and stir in both sachets of Nacho Salsa.
- Prepare nachos in a large ovenproof dish or individual dishes. Layer half the corn chips in the dishes then spoon over half the chorizo salsa topping, then scatter over half the cheese. Repeat layering. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until cheese melts.
- For the Caramelised Pineapple Salsa: heat a frying pan over high heat. Spray pineapple lightly with olive oil and cook on both sides until browned. Finely chop pineapple and combine with red onion, coriander and lime juice.
- For the Red Chili Guacamole: mash the avocado and stir through the red jalapenos.
- Serve the baked Nachos, caramelised pineapple salsa and red chili guacamole to the table and dig in!