Pork Tacos With Bocconcini
Total Time 50 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- Pineapple salsa
- 1/2 pineapple peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 425 g can Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Shell Kit
- 220g tub baby bocconcini, torn in half
- Pre heat oven to 180ᵒC (160ᵒC fan forced). Heat a medium frying pan over high heat, fry off pineapple allowing the fruit to caramelise before turning, remove from pan and cut into bite size pieces. Toss pineapple with onion, chilli and lime juice in a serving bowl.
- Add oil to the frying pan and onion, cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add pork mince, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, cook for 5 minutes. Add beans, taco seasoning and ½ cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir through bocconcini cheese.
- Fill tacos with the mince mixture and place in a baking dish, bake for 15 -20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve pork and bean tacos straight from the oven with shredded lettuce, taco sauce and pineapple salsa.