Prawn and Tomatillo Enchiladas
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 500 g roughly chopped shelled green prawns
- 120 g shredded baby spinach leaves
- 1 Old El Paso™ Enchilada Kit
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 340 g can tomatillos drained or 3 chopped green tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon drained Old El Paso™ Hot Jalapenos or a fresh jalapeño chilli with seeds removed and chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander (leaves & stems)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 100 g crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180◦C conventional (160◦C fan forced). Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 onion to pan and cook until onion is soft. Add prawns and cook in pan for 4 minutes or until just changed in colour. Stir in Enchilada Sauce and spinach and simmer for 1 minute or until spinach has just wilted. Place aside in a bowl.
- For warm and soft Tortillas follow on pack instructions.
- Heat a little more oil in frying pan and cook remaining onion and garlic until onion is soft. Combine cooked onion mixture, tomatillos, jalapeños, coriander and cream in a food processor and blend to form a green Enchilada sauce.
- Place 2 large spoons of prawn mixture into centre of each Tortilla, and roll to create a tube. Place folded side up in lightly greased oven proof dish. Repeat with remaining filling and Tortillas. Top with green enchilada sauce and feta. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Enjoy with a fresh side salad.