Classic Vegetarian Tacos
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand ‘n Stuff™ Taco Kit
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 peeled and chopped large sweet potato
- 1 chopped medium eggplant
- 125 g can drained & rinsed chickpeas
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- Baby spinach leaves for serving
- 100 g crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 Old El Paso™ Mild, Medium or Hot Taco Sauce
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and cook onion over medium heat until soft. Add sweet potato, eggplant and Taco Spice Mix, cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chickpeas, tomato and water and simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens and sweet potato is tender. Stir through coriander.
- For deliciously crunchy Taco shells, follow on pack instructions.
- Build your own taco with crunchy Tacos, baby spinach, sweet potato and eggplant stew and feta. Swirl Taco sauce through sour cream in a small bowl and serve to the table to top off your taco!