Black Bean & Steak Burrito
And the best part? You don’t have to share.
Total Time 1 Hours
Spice Level Mild
- Old El Paso™ Burrito Kit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Large handful of chopped coriander
- 600g beef scotch fillet steaks
Easy Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- 1 red capsicum (also available in jars or from the deli)
- 1 corn cob, charred over flame and kernels removed
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 400g can Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Small handful fresh coriander, washed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- Mix the burrito spice mix with the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and coat steaks well. Allow steaks to marinate while you prepare the salad.
- Using a gas flame or BBQ, char whole red capsicum until blackened. Allow to cool and remove charred skin, then chop finely. Char sweetcorn until kernels blacken and remove kernels from cob. Cook quinoa to pack directions. Combine all salad ingredients.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat, add steaks and cook for 3 – 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest, then slice across the grain.
- Stir sour cream and lime zest and juice together.
- For pan toasted Tortillas: heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each Tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.
- Build your own burrito with seasoned steak, quinoa and black bean salad and garnish with zesty cream and Mild Mexican salsa.