- 750g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup water
- Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Mini Taco Kit
- Mixed lettuce
- Light sour cream
- Fresh tomato salsa
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 fresh jalapeῆo chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Small handful coriander, washed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Toss chicken thighs in Taco Spice Mix to coat. Heat oil in a large saucepan or frying pan (with lid). Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Add orange juice and water and simmer gently, covered (with lid or foil) for 45 minutes, or until very tender. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in poaching liquid before removing and shredding with 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, for the fresh tomato salsa: place tomatoes on a baking paper lined tray and roast at 200°C for 15 minutes or until slightly blackened. Combine tomatoes, jalapeῆo, coriander and lime juice.
- For Crunchy Mini Taco Shells follow on pack instructions.
- Fill mini taco shells with mixed lettuce, shredded chicken and tomato salsa and top with sour cream.