- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets trimmed of fat
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Old El Paso™ Mini Tortillas (10pk)
- 2 roughly chopped and mashed avocados
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Mild, Medium or Hot Taco Sauce
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 fresh jalapeño chilli with seeds removed and finely chopped
- Small handful of washed and chopped coriander
- Juice of a lime
- Toss chicken thighs in Taco Spice Mix to coat. Heat a little olive oil in a medium sized saucepan (the saucepan should be large enough to allow the chicken fillets to cover base in a single layer). Cook chicken for 3 minutes, each side or until golden brown. Add orange juice and water, simmer gently, covered (lid or foil) for 45 minutes or until very tender. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in poaching liquid before removing and shredding with 2 forks.
- Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, coriander and lime juice to create a fresh salsa. For delicious pan toasted tortillas, heat a non- stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.
- Build your own Soft Taco any way you like with toasted tortillas, mashed avocado, shredded chicken, fresh tomato salsa and Taco Sauce.