Shredded Chicken Stand ’N Stuff™ Soft Tacos
- 800 g chicken thigh fillets
- Old El Paso™ Stand ‘n Stuff™ Soft Taco Kit
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Jalapeno & Tomato Salsa
- 400 g medley cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 jar 25g Old El Paso™ Hot Green Jalapenos, chopped
- Small handful fresh coriander, washed and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped and mashed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed
- Toss chicken thighs in Taco Spice Mix to coat. Heat a little olive oil in a medium sized saucepan (the saucepan should be large enough to allow the chicken fillets to cover base in a single layer). Cook chicken for 3 minutes, each side or until golden brown. Add orange juice and water, simmer gently, covered (lid or foil) for 45 minutes or until very tender. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in poaching liquid before removing and shredding with 2 forks.
- Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, coriander and lime juice to create a fresh salsa.
- For warm Tortillas: Remove tortillas from pack and divide into 2 stacks. Microwave: on HIGH/1100 watts/100% power for 20 seconds* Oven: wrap in foil & heat in a pre-heated oven at 180˚C conventional (160˚C fan forced) for 7 minutes. DO NOT HEAT TORTILLAS IN THE PLASTIC PACKAGE *Times may vary depending on microwave wattage.
- Build your own Soft Tacos with Stand ‘n Stuff™ Tortillas, shredded chicken, Jalapeno & tomato salsa, mashed avocado, cos lettuce and Taco Sauce.