Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
Total Time 55 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 finely chopped medium brown onion
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 600 g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 cup water
- 1 Old El Paso™ Enchilada Kit
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 seeded and chopped red capsicum
- 1 seeded and finely chopped long red chilli
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup cream
- 100 g bocconcini torn in pieces
- Preheat oven to 180◦C conventional (160◦C fan forced). Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook onion, garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion are soft. Add the chicken, water, Enchilada Sauce & bay leaf. Simmer over medium to low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from sauce and shred using 2 forks. Return shredded chicken to Enchilada Sauce.
- For deliciously warm and soft Tortillas follow on pack instructions.
- Heat a little more oil in pan , cook remaining garlic, capsicum & chilli over a medium heat for 3 minutes or until capsicum is just soft. Combine cooked capsicum mixture, tomatoes and cream in a food processor and blend to form a red Enchilada sauce.
- Place 2 large spoons of chicken mixture into centre of each Tortilla, and roll to create a tube. Place folded side up in lightly greased oven proof dish. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas. Top with red Enchilada sauce and bocconcini. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Enjoy with a fresh side salad – we suggest using your choice of salad greens and baby tomatoes.