- 1.4 kg chuck on the bone
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Olive oil
- 150 g coleslaw mix
- Small handful of coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 avocado with stone removed
- 1 Old El Paso™ Mini Tortillas (10pk)
- 1 Old El Paso™ Mild, Medium or Hot Taco Sauce
- Heat oven to 150°C conventional (130°C fan forced). Combine beef and Taco Spice Mix and toss to coat.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy based oven proof casserole dish and brown beef on all sides. Remove pan from heat. Add pineapple juice and water, cover casserole tightly with a layer of baking paper, foil and lid. Slow cook in oven for 3 – 3 ½ hours or until very tender.
- Remove meat from pan. Heat pan juices on stove top until slightly reduced. Shred meat with 2 forks and add back to pan juices.
- Combine coleslaw mix, coriander, sour cream and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- For delicious pan toasted tortillas, heat a non- stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.
- Build your Soft Tacos anyway you like with toasted tortillas, shredded beef, avocado, coleslaw and Taco Sauce.