Slow Roasted Chicken Tacos
Total Time 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.2kg roasting chicken
- 3 small red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (250ml) pineapple juice
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- Old El Paso™ Mini Tortillas 10 pack
- Rocket salad
- 1 red apple, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup walnuts, sliced
- 80g wild rocket
- 1/2 bunch of coriander extra, roughly chopped
- Juice of a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced). In a small bowl, stir Taco Spice Mix into passata and blend well. Heat oil over high heat in a heavy based casserole dish (with lid). Add chicken and brown all over for 4 minutes. Set chicken aside.
- Add onion and cook, stirring over medium heat until soft. Stir in passata and spice mix, pineapple juice, coriander and lime slices. Return chicken to casserole dish, and spoon sauce over and into the chicken cavity. Cover with a sheet of baking paper and casserole lid and cook in oven for 2 hours.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, mix lime zest into sour cream until combined and set aside. Toss salad ingredients together and spread over a large paddleboard.
- Remove lid and paper from chicken and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken and lime slices are beginning to char.
- Warm Tortillas according to pack directions
- Remove chicken from casserole. Shred and scatter over rocket salad. Dress with sour cream. Top, warm Soft Tacos with chicken and salad.