Spicy Potato and Chorizo Taco
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 sliced chorizo sausages
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped red capsicum
- 1 finely chopped clove garlic
- 1 seeded & chopped long red chilli
- 2 peeled large potato cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 400 g can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (125ml)
- 1/2 cup washed & finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Old El Paso™ Stand ‘n Stuff™ Taco Shells (10pk)
- 100 g grated bocconcini
- 1/4 shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Hot Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Hot Taco Sauce
- Heat a little oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and capsicum, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add potato, garlic and chilli to pan, cook for 3 minutes or until potato is golden brown.
- Add chorizo, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir through coriander.
- Place Tacos in a baking dish (no need to heat first as they are baked) and fill with chorizo and potato mixture, then sprinkle with bocconcini.
- Bake at 180◦C conventional (160◦C fan forced) 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve in baking dish topped with shredded lettuce, Hot Jalapeños and Hot Taco Sauce.