Sweet Potato & Cheese Pockets
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet potato (about 300g), peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded and sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and mashed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 little gem lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over a medium-high heat and cook the sweet potato slices, onion and capsicums for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to low, then add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often, until tender. Stir in the seasoning mix and cook for a further minute, adding an extra splash of water, if needed.
- Heat the pockets to pack instructions. Mix the avocado with the lime juice and season to taste.
- Serve warmed pockets with the sweet potato and pepper mixture, lettuce leaves, mashed avocado, coriander and cheese in separate bowls, and let everyone fill their own pockets their own way.
- Replace the Cheddar with grated mozzarella or Emmental or crumbled feta.
- Butternut squash could be interchanged with the sweet potato.
- PREP AHEAD – Cool the filling after cooking and stuff the tortilla pockets. Wrap in cling wrap and keep for lunch.