BBQ Chicken Soft Tacos
Spice Level Mild
- 500 grams butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into small dice
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 650 grams chicken thigh fillets, sliced into thin strips
- Old El Paso ™ Chili Spice Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- 2 cups water
Recado Verde Dressing
- Bunch coriander, washed & leaves removed
- Bunch of mint, washed & leaves removed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- Old El Paso™ Regular Wholegrain Tortillas 10pk
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso ™ Medium Taco Sauce
- Preheat oven to 220◦C conventional (200◦C fan-forced). Toss pumpkin and onion in oil to coat. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning once, or until golden and tender.
- Combine chicken, Chili Spice Mix, oregano and rind in large dish.
- Heat a little in a frying pan and cook chicken for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Place aside and keep warm.
- For the Quinoa salad: Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 12 - 15 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the Recado Verde Dressing: whilst the quinoa is cooling, make the Recado Verde. Process ingredients in a blender to form a pesto like dressing.
- Toss quinoa, roasted pumpkin & onion in the Recardo Verde Dressing. For pan toasted Tortillas: heat a non- stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.
- Serve toasted Tortillas, chicken, quinoa salad and Taco Sauce to the table on platters and let everyone build their soft tacos any way they like!