Fish and Sour Cream Tacos
Spice Level Mild
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 650 grams firm fish fillets, cut into thick strips
- Old El Paso ™ Taco Spice Mix
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red apple, julienne with skin on
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, washed and roughly chopped
Green Sour Cream
- 1 bunch fresh mint, washed & leaves removed
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, washed & leaves removed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Olive oil, for frying
- Old El Paso™ Regular Wholegrain Tortillas 10pk
- Lime wedges for serving
- Combine egg and water in a shallow bowl. Lightly whisk to combine. Place Taco Spice Mix in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs onto a large plate.
- Press fish in spice mix to coat. Dip fish in egg mixture, shaking off excess. Toss fish in breadcrumbs to coat.
- For the Crunchy Slaw: Combine cabbage, apple and coriander to create a slaw.
- For the Green Sour Cream: Combine mint, parsley, cumin, garlic, olive oil and lime juice in a food processor and blend until smooth, add sour cream and blend a further 15 seconds to form a creamy green sauce. Pour over slaw.
- To cook the fish: Pour enough oil into a frying pan to come 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes, turning, or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- For delicious Tortillas: Heat a non- stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve or heat according to pack instructions.
- Serve toasted tortillas, crispy fish, slaw and lime wedges to the table and build your own soft taco any way you like!