Grilled Prawn Fajitas
Total Time 45 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Fajita Kit
- 400g (20 large) green prawn cutlets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 425 g can Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 red onion, cut in to thin wedges
- 2 medium (300g) zucchini sliced on diagonal
- 1 poblano chilie, (or 1 green jalapeno chili)
- 1 whole clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml), sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- fresh coriander extra
- lime wedges extra
- Preheat BBQ. Toss Fajita Seasoning with 2 tablespoons of the oil and prawns. Cook half the prawns for 2-3 minutes each side or until they turn pink and are cooked through. Repeat with remaining prawns. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium sized frying pan over high heat. Add the zucchini and onion to the pan and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes. Add the chilli, garlic and black beans and sauté a further 1 minute until fragrant and heated through.
- To roast chilli & garlic: Preheat grill to 220ᵒC (200ᵒC fan forced). Place the chilli on a baking tray with the cut side facing down with garlic clove. Grill until their skins blacken, about 8-10 minutes. Remove stem and seeds of chilli and peel garlic. Place roasted chilli and garlic with all other ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Warm tortillas according to pack directions or char grill on BBQ for 10 seconds.
- Serve warm tortillas topped with zucchini and black bean mixture, prawns, roasted poblano creme, coriander, salsa and a squeeze of lime.