Wholegrain Burritos with Seared Chicken & Toasted Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 1 Old El Paso™ Salt Reduced Taco Spice Mix
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced red capsicum
- 1 cup red quinoa rinsed in cold water
- 2 cups water
- 1 finely chopped cucumber
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- 2 cups chopped fresh herbs - mint, parsley, coriander
- 125 g drained and rinsed canned chickpeas
- Juice of an orange
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 Old El Paso™ Wholegrain Tortillas (6pk)
- 2 mashed avocados
- Toss chicken in Taco Spice Mix to coat. Spray a non-stick pan lightly with olive oil spray. Cook chicken over a medium heat until cooked and golden brown. Remove from pan, cover and allow to rest before slicing thinly.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the capsicum and cook for a few minutes or until softened. Add the quinoa and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine quinoa with cucumber, spring onions, herbs and chickpeas. Dress with orange juice and season with salt & pepper.
- For warm and soft Tortillas - open Tortilla pouch, throw away freshness sachet. Microwave Tortillas in pouch on HIGH/1100 watts/100% power for 35 seconds or remove from pouch, wrap in foil and heat in oven 180˚C conventional (160˚C fan forced) for 10 minutes. *Times may vary depending on microwave wattage. Decrease time for fewer Tortillas. Increase time when using a microwave oven lower than 1100 watts.
- Fill the centre of your Tortillas with avocado and top with quinoa salad and chicken. Fold to create a deliciously healthy and hearty Burrito.