Here are a few of our favourite bits and pieces to keep in the cupboard, ready to transform budget meals into family favourites.
• A spoonful of salsa goes a long way when it comes to making a sandwich, burger or wrap a bit more exciting. Choose a bottle or jar that will stay fresh in the fridge long enough to cover several meals.
• Stock your spice rack for a quick fix. Chilli flakes, paprika and garlic powder are wonderfully versatile and our seasoning mixes are ideal when you’re looking for a one-stop solution for chilli, tacos and much more.
• Soy sauce isn’t only great in Asian-inspired dishes, it’s also a handy all-rounder for adding a burst of salt and flavour when cooking veggies or meat.
• Let your veggies be at their best with the help of some fresh herbs. Coriander is a particularly versatile option, as is parsley and basil, while mint is handy for both sweet and savoury dishes.
• There are a few fresh garnishes and additions that are relatively cheap to buy but pack a punch. Some favourites are sliced spring onions for crunch and lime juice to add some zing to your meal.