Easy Guacamole Recipes
Whether it’s to get the evening started or enjoy as a side dish throughout the meal, guacamole is a must for your next Mexican feast! Try something a bit different with these easy guacamole recipes that mix things up and take you on a trip round the world, from Italy to America, Greece to Spain.
- You can’t make a good guac without ripe avocados. To test for ripeness, cradle the avocado in the palm of your hand – it should yield to gentle pressure, just like a ripe peach. Don’t squeeze too hard or you will bruise the flesh. Very ripe avocados may have a few areas of discoloured flesh.
- Cut away and discard any big patches but don’t worry about smaller spots as they won’t spoil the look or flavour of the finished guac.
- For a chunky guac, use the back of a fork, potato masher or pastry cutter to mash the flesh or just finely chop with a sharp knife.
More Delicious Guacamole Recipes
- If you prefer a creamy smooth guac use a food processor or blender – pulse briefly then scrape down the sides of the bowl or jug and pulse again. Take care not to over process or the guac may become sloppy.
- Avocado flesh discolours quickly so don't prep until you are ready to mix with the other ingredients.
- Cover the surface of the finished guac very closely with cling film or a layer of baking paper, pressed onto the surface. Any area exposed to the air will start to discolour.